We asked local residents what they wanted Kirkholt to be like in 2025. Their dream was to have:
- a stronger sense of community
- more recreational opportunities for children and young people
- more people in work
- accessible and affordable venues for social and learning events
- healthier people better able to enjoy their lives
- the resource and energy to continue the work beyond 2025.
More than 600 people of all ages came up with 91 different suggestions to help to make these dreams come true. The most popular suggestions formed the plan for the first two years of our programme.
Projects so far include:
- plans for a small play area for pre-school children
- a ‘Building Skills’ project
- helping to fund apprenticeships
- a Community Grants fund
- a skate park.